Friday, August 22, 2008

You Can't Rush Success

By: Dianne Cernese

Many people go into business thinking they will be an overnight success. The reality is you can’t rush success. I repeat, you can't rush success.

That is what I have been trying to do. Even though I started my business over a year ago, I consider myself in the startup phase of my business. I find I it is comparable to the beginning of a relationship. You cannot jump from infatuation and lust to marriage.

There are so many requirements in getting a business off the ground. These things take time to grow. You will grow, but let it occur organically. It must or else you will self combust from information overload, stress, confusion or downright confusion. OR wake up one morning and realize that the person you lusted after is really a big 'ol loud bull with no manners, and why did you marry him anyway? Oh yes,
because you wanted to 'hurry things up'

It is important to read and take college courses to gain more business knowledge, but nothing can replace that lil' ol' matter of time. It takes time to grow a relationship, it takes time to gain and absorb
knowledge, and it takes time to get the feel for your business.

Yes Dear God, it's me Dianne and I need time. May I please have it now?

Dianne Cernese, President http://www.saltychix.com

No comments: